Microsoft Exchange allows you to restrict IPs that are allowed to deliver email to it. Because spammers may have cached the IP address of your mail server, it is a good idea to only allow email from SpamTitan Cloud IP addresses, which forces all email through our filters.
SpamTitan Cloud consists of different server clusters, one of which you will be using. You can determine which cluster you are using by looking at the MX records for your domain. You can check your MX record using MXToolBox.
Then see SpamTitan Cloud Server IP Addresses to determine your IP addresses.
Configuring Microsoft Exchange 2013
Exchange 2013 uses a web based interface called Exchange Admin Center (EAC). From the EAC, do the following:
- Select "mail flow" > receive connectors.
- Select "Default Frontend [servername]" and click the edit (pencil) icon.
- On the "Default Frontend [servername]" select the "scoping" option and then select the default IP address range (0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255). Click the remove icon (minus symbol to the right of the edit icon).
- Click the add icon (plus symbol) to add the SpamTitan Cloud IP addresses one at a time.
- After all SpamTitan Cloud IP addresses have been added, click Save.
Configuring Microsoft Exchange 2007 & 2010
- Open the Exchange Management Console.
- Go to Server Configuration > Hub Transport > Default Receive Connector > Properties > Network tab.
- You will see a section that says "Receive mail from remote servers that have these IP addresses".
- Remove the default rule for 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255.
- Add the SpamTitan Cloud IP addresses one entry at a time.
- Stop and restart the MSExchangeTransport service.
Configuring Microsoft Exchange 2003
To do this using the Exchange System Manager:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager.
- In Exchange System Manager, expand the following object: Servers -> [ Your_Exchange_Server_Name ] -> Protocols -> SMTP
- Right-click the virtual SMTP server where you want to restrict inbound IPs, and then click Properties.
- Click the Access tab, and then Connection...
- Add the SpamTitan Cloud IP addresses.
- Enable the "Only the list below option" and add the SpamTitan Cloud IP addresses.
- Restart Exchange to activate changes.